Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Another Transfer Done

We had transfers last week, so it was a very busy week. The first picture is the 3 assistants, the middle one is leaving on Wed. and the one in front will take his place. We are enjoying our Monday lunch thanks to Sister H.
 The next 2 pictures are from transfers- taken out of our mission office window. It is hard to believe we still had that much snow on the grass last week. We had a huge rainstorm on Monday afternoon, right after the new missionaries arrived. We enjoyed going to dinner at the mission home Monday evening and meeting them. They are always so tired because they had to get up at 2:00 am to get to the airport. We got 6 elders and 3 sisters.

Warmer weather started on Tuesday, (transfer day). We were able to go to the temple on Tuesday afternoon with the missionaries who will depart on Wed. We always leave at 2:30 for the temple and drive some of the missionaries there. We love to be there in the sealing room and hear from the Mission President and his wife and the Temple president and his wife. Then we go on a special temple session just for us. That night the Temple Pres and his wife joined us on the session.

That evening, after we dropped off the missionaries at the mission home, we drove through Louisville to go to a visiting teaching appointment. There was a lot of traffic and tons of people walking and we couldn't figure out where they were going. We finally passed the YUM center and they were all heading to a basketball game.  This is a drive by photo. We have never seen so many people in town before.  When we got to our appointment, the Sister didn't answer the door.  We were a little early, so we went to get something to eat and then went back. Still no answer. The disappointment of Missionary work!
 Saturday was a warm day, 60 degrees.  We called the Hiatt's to see if they wanted to go with us on a hike at Iroquois Park nearby. Everyone was out enjoying the good weather.
Behind one picture, you will see families and children at the playground and in the background of the other picture, there is a group of people playing with pugil sticks. There is a 3.2 mile loop that we walked around. It was great to get outside. 
Sunday, was a good and busy day. We picked up lots of people - had great meetings and fixed lunch at the church for the elders plus 3 extra people and then took them home. It even  snowed again that day . We have two new elders in the Branch. One of our elders is brand new from Colorado. Sunday evening we picked everyone up again and went over to the new member fireside. It is always fun to hear conversion stories from the investigators and new converts. Our missionaries are busy teaching and baptizing people. We just need to work on retention. Another fun thing about the fireside is that people come from all around the area and we get to see many of the missionaries who we worked with and were transferred from the Louisville area. 

The last picture is Monday morning at the office.  The dirty blob is all that is left of the snow. We are back to 30 degree days and more snow predicted tonight.
We are finished with letters, reports, mail and crowds that come with transfers. This week has been quiet in the office and we are getting in profiles of our new missionaries who will be arriving in June and August!  It's weird to think that this President and his wife will not even meet these missionaries. The new President also arrives at the end of June.

Sister Moulton
Kentucky Louisville Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment