Friday, March 28, 2014

A visit to my missionary parents in Kentucky

Last August my parents headed out on their mission to Kentucky.  They have been doing a great work in Kentucky supporting over 200 young missionaries as they work in the Louisville Kentucky mission office.  But I have missed having them live just up the street.  For 7 years I have been spoiled to live by them.   After Christmas I booked a trip to visit them and my sweet husband agreed to tend the kids in my absence.  My flights were perfect and I met lots of  interesting people as I traveled to Kentucky.  My parents were waiting for me at the airport when I arrived.  It was a sweet reunion.

 I got to spend one day with them at the mission office.  Lots of young missionaries came in and it was so fun to meet them and see how much they loved and appreciated my parents.
 On Saturday we enjoyed some of the sights of Louisville and on Sunday I attended church with them in their small branch.  My parents drive several cars full of people to church each Sunday and it was fun to meet those people.
Upon returning from my trip I had my daughter Emily help me make a video of my trip.  It is not perfect and some things are misspelled but overall it is cute.  I hope you enjoy it.  Just click on the link below.
                                                           http://youtu.be/8RLCyIsWoco

No comments:

Post a Comment